GRASS SEED - SUN - 1.5KG
Available In Store early May
PREMIUM SEED FOR SUNNY AREAS
- PERFECT FOR SEEDING NEW LAWNS, OVERSEEDING OR BALD SPOTS
- GROWS 2X FASTER AND THICKER
- RESULTS SHOULD BE VISIBLE IN 7 DAYS
- 1.5KG BAG
- COVERS 3230 SQ FT
- MOW NEW GRASS WHEN IT REACHES 7cm (3") HIGH, NOT BEFORE
- DO NOT APPLY WEED TREATMENT UNTIL AFTER THE 3RD MOWING
- FERTILIZE 6-8 WEEKS AFTER NEW GRASS EMERGES
- EXCELLENT LINK FOR FIGURING OUT OUT HOW MUCH SEED YOU NEED
HOW TO USE
New lawn seeding or repairing bald spots
- Loosen up the existing soil and add a bit of top soil if needed.
- Apply seed evenly to the prepared area with a spreader or by hand. Do NOT over apply. Read the instructions on the rate on the bag and make sure you follow it. MORE IS NOT BETTER!!!!!
- Lightly rake and tamp to make sure the seed has contact with the soil.
- Lightly water daily to keep the seed moist until established. This is the CRITICAL part. Do NOT let it dry out at ANY time. If it is hot and sunny you will have to water it lightly 3x per day to keep it moist. Reminds me of when the children were babies - regular feedings - but now it is watering the grass on a schedule - lol!
- Mow your lawn on a low setting.
- Follow steps above beginning at step 1
WHEN TO APPLY
Apply in mid-spring when soil temperatures warm up or mid-August to late September. Optimal germination occurs between 10 °C and 25 °C. Cool spring weather and freezing temperatures will delay germination and growth.